Frequently Asked Questions
What type of training is scheduled and is there a cost involved?
Numerous SWAT teams, military units, and community based organizations schedule training events or conferences with us due to our centralized location and a 'one-stop' scheduling for training. From tactical training facilities to classroom training we will try to meet your training objectives. The only costs involved are lodging and meal costs.
Why have I been placed on the waiting list if the class still says 'Accepting'?
If you have been placed on the waiting list and received and e-mail stating so, but the class is still marked as "Accepting", this could be for the following reason: The maximum amount of seats for the class have been filled. However, should anyone cancel out of the class, the seats will become available for the officers/students that have been placed on the waiting list.
How do I cancel my registration for a training?
To cancel out of a class you've registered for follow these simple steps.
1. Login to your NCTC account.
2. Find the course on the Upcoming Training page, using the search functions.
3. Select the Cancel Registration button at the bottom of the course page.
Why is my history blank even though I have previously attended classes? Why can't I view my certificate?
The reason that your history could be blank and showing no certificates may be due to you creating multiple accounts for yourself. If you have done this, your records will need to be merged. Please call to request assistance from our registration clerks.
Why have other officers from my department been accepted into the class, but I have been put on the waiting list?
If multiple officers from the same department have registered to attend the same class, usually only 2 or 3 of them are accepted at a time. This is to ensure that all departments receive equal opportunities to attend training at our facilities. Also, if the members of your department registered for the class long before you did, they may receive "first come, first serve" treatment.
I have received a notification of being placed on the waiting list. Why have I not been accepted?
There could be many reasons for an officer to be placed on the waiting list. These reasons include, but are not limited to the following: You have just recently registered. (Seats are available on a first come, first serve basis.) Therefore, the seats may have already been filled prior to your registering; you have regularly cancelled or been absent from training that you were registered for; A number of officers from your same department have also registered and been accepted to attend training; You have already attended this course; The e-mail address that you provided is invalid; etc.
I am trying to register for a class, but while trying to log in, I am receiving an error message stating that my e-mail or password is invalid. Why is this?
If you have never created an account with us before, you will have to do so by clicking on the link located under the "e-mail address" query and filling out the required fields. If you have created an account with us previously, you may be misspelling your e-mail address or password. If you believe that this could be the reason you are unable to log in, please call for assistance. Our registration clerks can verify the spelling of your e-mail as well as reset your password if you have forgotten it.
Is there a chance my training may be cancelled?
YES. Both locations are military training sites. Their primary objective is to military agencies for exercises or mobility training. It's good to schedule early, have a primary and alternate training date as well as a contingency plan in place.
How do I prepare for classroom training?
You must sign in before reporting to class. Photo ID and this letter are required at sign-in.
Dress is Business Casual.
If you are Law Enforcement or Military, a government issued credential is required (i.e., badge or military ID).
How do I prepare for virtual training?
All student activity will be tracked via Zoom.
You must login with the same email each day that you enter the class.
In order to receive credit for the course, you must be logged into the class for 90% of the total class time.
You do not need to have a Zoom account to attend the class, you will not need microphone or camera capabilities for the class as well.
How do I prepare for training at Fort Indiantown Gap?
- Lodging - NCTC has a limited number of rooms available for use at our location. These rooms are assigned to students on a first come-first serve basis.
- You can not call a head and reserve a room.
- Due to budget constraints, TOWELS will no longer be available.
- If you live within a 50-mile driving distance of Ft. Indiantown Gap, lodging will not be provided.
- Registrations will be held from the evening before between the hours of 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, as well as the day of, between the hours of 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM at Building 8-65.
- Parking will be in the Bearty Avenue parking lot. NO WEAPONS at any time are permitted in NCTC Facilities.
- Everyone's temperature will be taken at the beginning of each day. If you have a fever, you will not be able to stay for training.
- Everyone must wear a face mask covering in common areas.
- No loitering in the lobby, cell phone calls must be taken outside
- Everyone should bring their own drink/coffee as the community coffee station will not be in use.
Hotels Near Fort Indiantown Gap
3 Everest Lane, Jonestown, PA 17038
717-865-4064 (please call for rates)
Best Western Lebanon Valley Inn and Suites
4 Fisher Avenue, Jonestown, PA 17038
717-865-4234 (please call for rates)
604 Station Road, Grantville, PA 17028
717-469-0661 (please call for rates)