Participants will learn how to use video to document crime scenes, accidents, and search warrants, as well as shoot surveillance video, use night vision equipment with video cameras and link “body wire” receivers to camcorders.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Recognize the various videotape formats that have been sold or are for sale in North America.
- Label videotapes shot to document criminal activity so that they can be introduced as evidence in legal proceedings.
- Properly store and duplicate videotape evidence to meet generally accepted legal standards.
- Use the Macro feature on video camcorders to shoot close-ups.
- Properly use the most popular features found on current camcorders.
- Use the “Elements of Continuity” to shoot edit-free videotape.
- Use night scopes in conjunction with their video camcorders.
- Use microphones, earphones, and covert audio receivers with their camcorders.
Course Length: 3 days/21 hours.
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement, Military (SF, MP only), Law Enforcement Support.