This course is designed for supervisors who are tasked with supervision or planning undercover operations. The course is designed to motivate and empower the student supervisor to effectively and safely supervise undercover operations and to be cognizant of the skills, tactics, and dangers associated with conducting such undercover narcotic operations. This course will also address methods of minimizing risks and focuses on tactical operation planning, field team deployment, undercover officer deployment, confidential informants, crisis management, documentation, officer safety, integrity, cover surveillance, case management, drug recognition, common methods of drug packaging, and risk assessment.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the role of undercover officers in drug investigations.
- Understand the supervisory responsibilities of undercover narcotics operations.
- Develop and execute a tactical operation plan.
- Identify and distinguish different kinds of drugs.
- Safely deploy field teams and undercover officers.
- Employ the safe use of confidential informants.
- Identify the rules for undercover officer safety and survival.
- Implement and analyze crisis management methods.
- Implement proper and effective documentation procedures.
- Recognize and identify potential operational dangers.
- Develop and employ effective surveillance techniques.
- Recognize potential operational hazards.
- Recognize the psychological danger signs relating to undercover officers.
- Identify the most common methods of drug packaging and paraphernalia associated with their use.
- Apply deconfliction procedures.
Prerequisites: Supervisor of undercover operations.
Course Length: 3 days/24 hours.
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement.