This course informs the participant about intelligence gathering techniques to combat terrorism. Emphasis is placed on the correlation between drug trafficking and terrorist activities. The street-level officer will become familiar with interview techniques specifically aimed at developing counter-terrorism intelligence and terrorism indicators derived from roadside interviews, observa- tions, citizen contacts, community members, arrestees, and arresting officers.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe an overview of the intelligence cycle.
- Give a brief introduction of the Islamic culture.
- Perform interview techniques specifically aimed at developing counter-narcoterrorism intelligence.
- Recognize narco-terrorism indicators during roadside stops.
- Accomplish roadside interviews that result in the identification of terrorists.
- Effectively handle terrorist arrest suspects and arresting officers.
Course Length: 3 days/24 hours.
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement, Corrections, Military (Intel, SF, MP only), Law Enforce- ment Support (Intel only).