This course will provide students with the skills necessary to conduct operations using specific technical equipment. It will equip students with the ability to assist in making an assessment on whether criminal activity is taking place. This rapid assessment can be enhanced by becoming proficient with current technical support and understanding how to use this equipment and its information to confirm or deny one’s suspicion. Students are taught the capabilities of different technical equipment and the benefits and basics of providing technical support to law enforcement personnel.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the functions of the IONSCAN, Cellebrite, TruNarc, Adventurer Pro NTEP balance, and Cummins JetScan iFX, and illustrate the skills necessary to perform daily operations.
- Discuss the value of the implementation history of technical support to assess the attributes necessary to perform daily operations to standard.
- Connect how technical support assists law enforcement agencies and can significantly affect the outcome of criminal case proceedings.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to perform competently when testifying in court.
- Examine the importance of implementing a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and employ the ability to accurately assemble the components that make up the SOP.
- Associate the effectiveness of proper use of technical support with assisting law enforcement agencies and other organizations.
- Employ the skills necessary to perform daily operations and complete the general preventative maintenance for all equipment.
Course Length: 2 days/16 hours (1.5 day classroom, .5 day practical exercise).
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement, Law Enforcement Agency Support, Military Intelligence.