This course focuses on the categories of physical surveillance, surveillance terminology, equipment, and skills. It addresses conducting surveillance on drug traffickers, circumventing countersurveillance, identifying terrorist counter-surveillance, tactical operation plans, investigative reports, and preparing for surveillance and operation scratch reports. After the first day of lecture, students will understand the rules, terminology, and tactics, which will prepare them for surveillance operations.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- List preparations for assignments necessitating physical surveillance.
- Perform the skills necessary for conducting physical surveillance on subjects of investigations.
- List techniques to personally conduct safe physical surveillance subject(s).
- Identify counter-surveillance.
- Identify Al Qaeda-trained subjects.
- Discuss legal issues and legal restrictions associated with physical surveillance.
Course Length: 5 days/40 hours.
Who May Attend: Law/Code Enforcement.