This training course will provide law enforcement officers with the knowledge and skills to effectively identify and disrupt Mexican Drug Trafficking Organizations (MDTO) operating within their jurisdictions. The course content is based on the instructor’s experience in conducting long-term criminal investigations involving murders for hire, state/federal narcotics investigations, wire intercepts, and hundreds of hours of interviews of cartel assassins (scenarios), victims, and associates.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the history of Mexican drug cartels and the relationship with other cartels.
- Discuss Mexican authorities’ efforts to curtail the cartels.
- Describe operations and the types and quantities of drugs smuggled across the border.
- Explain smuggling methods used and U.S. efforts to combat drug cartels.
- Locate commonly-used operation hubs and U.S. routes and corridors.
- Recognize cartel relationships with gangs, money laundering, and gun smuggling.
- Gather data, develop strategies, formulate plans, and network with other LE agencies to com- bat drug cartel activity in local jurisdictions.
Course Length: 2 days/16 hours.
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement, Corrections, Military (Intel only).