Participants in this course learn about domestic terrorist groups, how to recognize indicators relating to domestic terrorism, and funding through narco-terrorism. Students explore law enforcement’s roles and responsibilities in combating domestic terrorism. Officer safety issues relating to domestic terrorism are also covered.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Define domestic terrorism and contrast it to other forms of terrorism.
- Describe funding sources including illegal and controlled drugs.
- Identify major domestic terrorist groups and potential targets.
- Explain how domestic terrorist groups recruit and operate.
- Identify where domestic terrorist groups are found geographically.
- Recognize indicators relating to domestic terrorism.
- Distinguish between protest groups and domestic terrorists.
Course Length: 2 days/16 hours.
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement, Corrections, Military Intelligence.