In this course, you will acquire fundamental skills needed to author, share, and use geographic information and maps across the ArcGIS system. You will learn how to efficiently find, explore, manage, and analyze geographic data and create informative maps that showcase your work. The course covers a variety of techniques to effectively share GIS maps and resources with decision-makers, stakeholders, and the public.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Use ArcGIS software and content to create high-quality maps that combine data from different sources.
- Organize, create, and edit geographic data so that it is accurate and up-to-date.
- Manage, symbolize, and label map layers to support visualization and data exploration.
- Design an attractive page layout for maps that will be printed.
- Apply a standard workflow to analyze GIS data and solve spatial problems.
- Deliver maps and analysis results to multiple platforms so they are accessible to other ArcGIS users and to non-GIS users.
Prerequisites: Introductory-level knowledge of GIS concepts and limited ArcGIS experience.
Course Length: 3 days/24 hours.
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement, Military.