This courses focus is on drug cartels, money laundering, complex conspiracy cases, and interstate/international wiretap cases. Students will learn how to identify, target, infiltrate, and prosecute drug organizations that often go undetected. Concepts utilized by federal agencies to dismantle interstate narcotic traffickers will be presented to show how the same concepts can be utilized by local and state police officers to dismantle mid-level narcotic dealers flooding communities with drugs.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Conduct multi-defendant drug conspiracy cases.
- Prepare investigations for federal prosecutions.
- Utilize various types of electronic surveillance equipment.
- Identify common "over acts" involved in drug conspiracies.
- Understand the advantages of federal prosecutions vs. state prosecutions.
- Calculate federal sentencing ranges using federal guidelines.
- Prepare and initiate Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) investigations.
- Testify more effectively in federal and state court.
- Implement firearm law violations as overt acts in drug conspiracies.
- Communicate more effectively with prosecuting attorneys while conducting mid-level investigations.
- Initiate long-term undercover operations.
Course Length: 2 days/16 hours.
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement, Corrections, Military, and Community Based Organizations.