This course on Human Trafficking covers 16 hours of first hand experiences and findings within the organizations engaged in these criminal activities that it supports. Human Trafficking, smuggling and modern day slavery is in the United States and prospering with very little resistance. These activities are no longer in other countries; it’s here in our own backyard. Every student will understand the immigration process and how it is being fraudulently abused. Each student will be able to identify possible fronts located in their prospective areas of operation. Each student will learn interviewing techniques and questions needed to identify, investigate, infiltrate and convict these organizations.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Conduct Multi-Jurisdictional Human Trafficking Investigations.
- Identify red flag indicators of Human Trafficking during the immigration process.
- Properly interview victims, witnesses, and suspects of Human Trafficking Organizations.
- Proactively follow various Social Media and internet websites commonly used by Human Trafficking Organizations.
- Identify common crimes associated with Human Trafficking Organizations to include money laundering techniques.
- Recognize Transnational Criminal Organizations and Mexican Drug Cartels involved in Human Trafficking.
- Covertly infiltrate Human Trafficking Organizations and conduct advanced undercover operations. Techniques to protect identity during ongoing investigations will be presented as well as several case studies.
- Identify common business fronts involved in Human Trafficking to include night clubs, bath houses, massage parlors, wellness centers, body language centers and several other types of businesses.
- Recognize difficulties and challenges during the prosecution phase of the investigations. Several case studies will be presented.
- Prepare themselves, as well as all victims and witnesses for courtroom procedures.
- Utilize various resources and outreach centers to protect victims of Human Trafficking.
Course Length: 2 days/16 hours.
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement, Corrections, Military, and Community Based Organizations.